Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012



In fond and loving memory of Olwen Joy Byatt who was called home by God on February 6th 2012, the following post (below). 
 Today would be her birthday. 

Winter's drear fast becomes myth and lore. 
 Spring Breeze wafts knocking on that castle door, 
singing sweet birdsong, yield more! 
Pray old Keewatin, 
withdraw and bid her enter this crystalline room. 
 Mauve Crocus awake with sacred bloom. 
 Nubile sister Daffodil thrusts ripe spears toward a welcome sun, 
awaiting Easter morn to come.
Yet flourish, showing off her lustrous yellow bonnet. 
 Must be April, accompanied by cheerful lyric sonnet!
 Abide with me! Perhaps partake of joyous Spring! 
 Yesterday's rainbow thrives still higher, 
with all the hopes this dream will bring! 
 Rejoice! Hallelujah! 
 Winged Archangels lead this heavenly choir,
 as throngs of glorious Angels sing!

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Thank you, Joe, for your memory and poem for my loving sister,Olwen Joy. She actually passed away on February 7th as 0.15am. Just after midnight of Feb.6th.
It is lovely to see a rememberance for my "Bubs" and I just googled her name by chance. I was looking in at the Kaslo site,remembering times we shared and your blog came as a surprise consolation. Thanks again, maybe I will meet you when I come to Kaslo from the UK this summer. Kind regards, (I love your poetry) Lorna (Byatt) Gear