Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2016


I walked into a cloud,
Searching for clarity,
Everybody was so loud,
Hording all their charity.
Digging life with a spade,
Finding worms wriggling,
Evading the Queen of Hearts,
All the trolls were giggling.
What happens when we wake?
Do we find truth, or love?
Or has this life been one big mistake?
Perhaps clarity gives us a shove,
Over charity's edge, that abrupt precipice,
Pitching into that place, where love lies,
Stumbling into that graveyard shrouded by artifice,
Into that chasm, where wounded love dies,
Going down and down, into down and down,
Eyes shut tight, mind enveloped in closure,
Ego incinerated by lightning's burning crown,
Cremated in love's flaming enclosure,
Love has lost, tattooed my broken life,
Razor scars trace redemptive haste,
Fearful I plummet, blinded by cruel strife,
Falling loveless into night, nothing good or chaste.
Waiting for you, teetering at the edge, you didn't come,
Regret arrived, telling me you had already gone,
Remorse approached, courting an intrepid sum,
Calling my name, angels disappeared in the dying dawn,
Vipers came slithering, whispered rules of a tainted game,
Disgrace drove me further, towards despair,
Oh those wicked rules, tarnishing love's name,
Letting us crash and burn, but love doesn't care,
Forever is done, down and down. Never gave a shove.
Yet birds flew to rescue, no song o'er me, their voices mute,
Founts and springs failed to flow, dried up by ardent love,
Arrested rapture, caged and chained and flogged, yet astute,
Abraded day is done and gone. Hopeless love is gone and done.
So I turn, turn to face the west, where the sorry sun sets,
Straying into another mindless void, I scatter senseless sighs,
Wand'ring into another cemetery, I bury love with my regrets,
Laying down and down, next to that dark place where sorrow lies.

No comments: