Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2016



Don't come to me seeking words,
I have no words that I want to share,
Anguish stabs me with a double edged sword,
Unsheathed I lay upon a bloodied pathway with a vacant stare.

Sweet generous love,
Scrupulous, an arms length away,
Just beyond selfish fucking love,
Ethically out of reach in every bloody way.

Love, like a raging storm thrumming,
Crazy love, a furious cyclone churning,
Hungry love,  a force five hurricane coming,
Livid love with its terrible tornadic yearning.

Out of a deep pit love clawed and scratched its sordid way,
Erupting in a barren heart, marring a perfect shiny surface,
Besmirched by wicked laughter and cajoling caterwauling bray,
Unshaken love has discovered that narrow fissure in this loveless place.

Why must love make me suffer such finial tortures?
Is danger and depression what makes love grow?
Can loneliness repair all this secluded damage love stirs?
All these landmines I sidestep, trying to keep sanity in tow.

Seriously, why wrap love's bloodied hands around a strangled neck?
Why strip away the body just to find that remnant of soul love left struggling?
In battle love has won, lost in some semi-darkness that corrupt demons wreck.
Honestly, there's a blatant storm brewing in my cold cold heart, it's fucking troubling.

Firstly, there is no love to be found in this arctic place,
One wonders how love ever found its way beyond this bastard crust,
Secondly, love remarked in sultry tones, painting delusion across my face,
"Two tones are better than one, even when unrealistic measures build negative trust".

All these plastic trinkets love carelessly tossed at my bruised and bleeding feet,
So much damage muse has dragged from beneath the train wreck of my broken heart,
My vagrant soul lies smold'ring on my funeral pyre, awaiting love's scorching heat,
While acrid smoke chokes and blinds me with love dancing naked after a rancid start.

If love cared, if mountains would crumble into a raging sea,
Perhaps my broken being would surrender, invite a spectral light closer to me,
Alas, love hates me, love has chained then butchered me, that I see,
Stumbling through the litter life once assembled, I don't call out for thee.

There's wreckage on this path, severed bits and pieces of what once was,
Love lanced this ripe boil, channeling all my impure vanity, drained back into a deep dark pit,
Never Never Land is wickedly calling, love is answering with hoots and hollers, an unjust cause,
Rescinding all its promises, reneging on all those failed phrases that refused to commit.

All those words I never thought, I want you, I need you, I love you,
All those glittering diamonds, shimmering silver and glimmering gold,
All that preciousness abhorrent love confided, now tainted blue,
Mistrusting love shouting truth, lying about the curvature of the earth, so I'm told.

In the end, that's all there is, no more, no less, coming 'round to love's beginning,
Turning 'round to find love's ending, dressed like a whore about to tango,
Imagining love resurrecting purity, destiny dreaming, love's world engaging,
Watching love stumble, fall, thrusting love into the abyss, amazed by this insane tangle.

Like a song bird batted out of the air, love lies there bleeding,
Love's heart pierced by an arrow launched by unforgiving death,
Poor bird battered and dying, lying there shattered and weeping,
Love's pieces disheveled, ruined and crushed, stealing away my very breath.

So love has lost, though inner battles still spill blood within my being,
Outwardly I smile, harbouring all my pain in my hidden impenetrable vault,
Love cast its loaded dice, but cheating ways did not suffice, so I'm seeing,
When I close my eyes and dream again there are no boundaries, yet love must halt.












No comments: