Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2017




Round the Sun, round the Sun, around the Sun I flew,
Riding Vishnu's sacred comet tail, searching just for you,
Looking back through time, I saw earth oceans boiling too,
Through a spectral sky time shone bright red, blazing orange, then such a vibrant blue.

Round the nuclear sun I bolted, spiraling like a bullet,
Wiping sweat and fear from off my furrowed brow,
In time my heart beat faster, reminding me Shiva wants it,
Blinded by an erupting sun, finding safe passage somehow.

As that atomic beast revolved unheeded, casting temptation into space,
My orbit disintegrated, releasing my scorched and burning being,
Mercury met me, disdain repelling me in that alien distant place,
Once around that fluid realm I searched for life, consciousness was not what I was seeing.

Venus glimmered, streaming like an icy dream, calling out to me,
Drawing me magically closer, closer still to that mythic world,
Fantasy drew me in, wond'ring as curiosity crossed my mind in search of thee,
If solar winds might strike a familiar note, e'en a chorus with glorious sails unfurled.

Sailing through that timid space, t'wards the next in line,
My eyes were greeted by such a wondrous place,
I wondered if creation wasn't simply all divine,
Turned my head to view the Sun, creation roiling 'cross that fiery face.

So there she was, a miracle planet, so green, so brown, so blue,
Such a wondrous place with so much life,
Deep thriving oceans, epic life, a world for conscious you,
What wizardry! Nativity and genesis, carved by some magician's magic rife!

Through grand space I soared, gripping timeless gravity,
Arriving at that marvelous sprite, Earth's glory, called the moon,
Round that globe I swooped and spun, searching for ancient creativity,
Sharp craters, deep with secrets, oft times echoing an ancient alien tune.

You've had an effect on life,
Mr. Moon, all those shining stars,
Saturn and Jupiter, shining in the Sun's brilliant light,
Neptune and Uranus, closer to home, red Mars.

Pluto and Chiron, far into that beyond,
Galaxies spinning greater entropy, like drifting sands of time,
You've stolen part of me, love still sailing on a placid pond,
As day turns into night, resolving galactic light,
Love lives in your immortal heart, like eternal love, so alive in mine.

No comments: