Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2017



In time I must bid adieu.
At last I must say goodbye,
to all those I knew.
Burying forgotten dreams,
by and by,
remembered visions,
so verily I sigh.
Raw emotion,
so filled with fear,
rememb'ring cherished love,
wishing I could bring things back,
those significant matters that were so dear.
Then the blue sky turns black,
like the vagrant morrow.
I drift through the hours,
days filled with sorrow,
my heart so heavy,
tears blur my sorry eyes.
Today we escaped,
all those dead poets and I,
sleeping in graveyards,
evading the blazing sun.
Together we vagabonds eluded,
that tortuous consuming fire,
beyond all that want and need,
leaving behind sin and greed,
all those infinite sorrows,
so many indefinite tomorrows.
Precious time ticks quickly by,
timeless moments race swiftly by,
charging reckless into each foreign fray,
reaping tutelage in some broken way.
In this time of darkness,
in this time of strife,
in this time of uncertainty,
we each seek meaning for this life.
When the world and men go insane,
when young men pick up arms,
rush off to war,
when blood is spilled for glory,
oh so vain,
when peace is doomed,
there is love no more.
Toss horrid war on the scrap heap,
dig a grave and bury war deep,
on war's tombstone scribe 'Good Riddance To Thee',
in that place worship worthy peace,
as peace bows down for thee and me.
Thank you for inviting me here today,
let heaven's prayers help us find a goodly way,
rememb'ring God blessed us with a generous feast,
honouring the stars and moon,
guiding us to that sacred peace.
Oh sacred mountain!
Your sweet vapours so amazing!
Spirit blessings garnished by that ancient fountain!
Awash in milk and honey, a wondrous glazing!
Source of holy Shiva's birthplace,
Godhead visited, once then twice,
sanctuary of this epic human race,
where infinite dreams forever suffice.
Eccentric mystics no less,
where evasive ascetics dwell,
worshiping this divine goddess,
chasing the elusive wind,
such a harsh mistress,
whispering through that holy dell.

No comments: