Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2017



Part Of Me

Forgive me my love,
I just couldn't hang on anymore,
Destiny's hunger gave me a final shove,
Adrift on the ocean, so very far from shore.
Forgive me my love,
Painful dreams haunt then taunt me,
Lest grace and strength shine down from above,
Encompass our hearts, bejeweled and free.
Forgive me my love,
Distant time purloins our passion,
Drives away morning's peaceful affliction,
Curtails sweet emotion in a scornful fashion,
Reforming with fervor my obsessive devotion.
Forgive me my love,
Once affection filled our wanting hearts,
While the stars and moon applauded our rapture,
Love itself moaned and wept when we fell apart,
An essential part of me, love failed to capture,
Cut off in one beat of the heart,
Words and vows left far behind,
Existing in an astral place, we're meant to meet,
Some bit of me left wasting, that bitter rind,
Promises left suffering on a vacant street,
Standing out front of your peaceful home,
Empty hands in my expressionless pockets,
Hollow, all alone in that dwelling zone,
Puzzling, if by chance you'd ever want to meet,
Pond'ring, if by God you still abide or even live,
Staring at your overgrown yard from that empty street,
Questioning whether you still have any love to give,
Knowing things should have been more symmetrical for me and you,
Wond'ring how things might have been different for us,
Assuming asymmetrical values, in some good way a better view,
Things should have been, without all that messed up fuss,
Laughing together, agreeing at times as we did without pardon,
Happiness laughing kisses into being, heart to heart there,
Holding hands, gently seated side by side in your scented garden,
Tender moments, wrapped in joy under an intimate blanket of care,
Embracing life in love's garden, Matisse blossoms in that wondrous shire,
Gravity drawing us together in a paradise of Audubon birds,
Attached we soared, happy notes and fragrant songs lifting us higher,
Magpies reciting lyric poetry, accompanied by chords of fifths and thirds,
Poems and prose encompassing that sacred grove of eucalypts,
Faeries entranced by scattered bric-a-brac, bits of Aztec pottery, those simple charms,
Striped mother felines with their calico kittens, rambunctious romps, such lively trips,
Cats snoozing lazy afternoons away, caressed by heady streams of eager Australian sun,
Imprinted lyrics on our deficient souls, subjects of that placid park,
Sharing intimate Eden, precious moments captured in all that warmth and fun.
Memorable rainbow dreams, colours of the wind piercing each narrow mark,
Fletching and shaft marred and scarred by a full spectrum of love's ardent folly,
Painting myriads of sky tales, awash with watercolour trails,
Crisscrossing that framed Australian sky, far above drooping ivy and draping holly.
Regret comes to mind now, traveling due north of that Coral Sea with billowed sails,
Now, after such a long journey and these many years of grieving, 
Presently, so many years later, standing near Golgotha with its many torments,
Sensing your precious heartbeat and your spirit breathing,
Remembering our sultry kisses, romancing all those tender moments,
Laying naked, entwined and pressed together,
Necking in the park, studying Kierkegaard and Universe,
Making love like Adam and Eve in that temperate weather,
Reciting Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Neil Young verse,
Entranced, our hearts in love under a harvest moon,
Dancing our legs off together at heady Woodstock,
Singing with Janice Joplin and Joe Cocker, as singers croon,
Walking hand in hand down your serene block,
So many spirits and apparitions hovered, arriving late,
So much life lived in that polished emerald time.
Ghosts weep, sweeping silently by your barred garden gate,
Glorious fate and rubies! Dare I expect more than some simple rhyme!
Here I stand, knock knock knocking at your shelter state,
Your tender kisses, all our passionate touch and near misses,
All our love, wandering confused with destinies child and sheer fate,
Those dreamy looks of love, tempered by fluttering wings of that peaceful dove,
Precious moments, eye to eye, lips to lips, skin to skin,
Showering us with all those vibrant colours of the wind,
Tow'ring over us, torrid waves of ecstasy, love is free from sin,
Sharing all love's carnal pleasure and all that joy heaven sent,
Still wand'ring Golgotha, past kneeling rings, bowing rounds and dangling strings,
Part of me dwells there, abreast of sacred Uluru on such majestic continent,
Praying for blue skies, sickened by so many strangling things.
Quiet Claude street in sight, a mirage between Alice Springs and ocean blues,
Another world in another dream, impartial dreamtime, or so it seemed,
Kookaburra scolding, Gallahs serenading mobs of reckless kangaroos,
Walking songlines, I trekked across icy spired mountains,
Ascending vertical peaks, running deep river rapids too,
Searching for love's mysterious sacred fountain,
Grand Australia! Like Black Feather, I sing for you!
Far distant from Nelson's reach and Sherlock Holmes and Baker Street,
Treasures abound in this wash of forest and fresh mountain air,
Spells of blessings curl round us mountain folk, where we meet.
Finding myself again, rapping gently, knocking lightly there,
Abreast of your magic garden entry,
Just step inside, discover all that ardent precious life!
Birds singing happiness, scented blooms your garden sentries.
Part of me still firmly rooted there, burdened with all my strife,
Wondering if you'll ever come to your gate,
Please my love come boldly, answer your door!
Hoping with all my heart and soul I'm not too late!
Greet me with your smiling face, just like you did before!
Let me take you in my loving arms,
Drink in your intoxicating eyes and grace,
Let us be together, bathed in all love's charms,
Kiss your tender lips, caress your soft hair and face,
Let us feel our beating hearts, pressed warmly together,
Holding that sublime part of me that still lingers there,
Cement and fuse those errant bits of me that come hither,
With you wrapped tightly in my loving arms,
Us together again, wrapped in all love's splendid charms,
Journey home, whole again, at last joyful and feeling right,
Rounding the yearning sun, complete and solid like a rock,
Let me find and see you once again, in such divine light,
God grant me courage, enough to knock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You must be on a roll!........Producing such as this!!! Incredible.
Olwen's sister x

JoeC said...

Thanks so much for your kind words Lorna! I truly appreciate your support. Thanks very much for reading my poems!