Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2017





Shadows

Overcome by shadows that follow me all the way home,
Overrun by vague mysteries that haunt my penumbral being,
Attached to my ragged ends, like curious elves and gnomes,
Splintered trends I've dragged behind me, I'm forever seeing.

Fragmented songs and stories, those opaque bits and pieces,
With all their wants and needs, like hungry orphaned beings,
Faults with outstretched hands, like needy nephews and nieces,
Dressed in tattered costumes, eyes pleading with constant needing.

Dreaming in my secret garden, I talk to the stars and moon,
Imagining a time when love stayed, when loving hearts loved unfrayed,
Traveling across the vagabond sea, those dim shadows arrived so soon,
Bargaining with time I sacrificed love, sweet love it was betrayed.

I waited on the platform, for a promised train,
Waited until the night fell, but you never came,
I waited as the sun rose, waited in a cold chill rain,
Waited til the stars went dim, still you never came.

Time has run away with love,
Far across a raging sea,
Wantonly abducted love,
Stolen love from you and me.

I see you surrounded by fragrant bloom,
Waiting to see you once again, in your garden that grows so true,
Dreaming oceans of splendid colour, adorned as a fabulous room,
Magenta, green and gleaming white, cerulean tinted with azure too.

Here I am, dancing on my own, try to smile beyond my unkind frown,
Under starlit skies, with the lonesome moon howling blue, so it is that love tries,
Wishes fall like crystal balls, gems glist'ning on love's studded crown,
Midst fears and cascading tears sad echoes sigh, entwined by distant lonely cries.

Those secret words you speak,
I know those words truly seek,
Wanting me to peruse between the lines,
Where I read all the news, envision all the signs.

List'ning for a prophet's chant, tell-tale poesy scrawled 'cross forum walls,
Persistent clouds choke the sky, still lost I search and quest for thee,
Madonna shivering in naked silence, broken with her barren mewing calls,
Lovers kiss with guns drawn, cocked hammers resting upon a jerking knee.

So it is, cold ocean washes away all my temporal fears,
Swept into an unknown deep, into some bottomless well,
Where dreams are lost forever, passion drowned by so many tears,
Love waves a white flag high o'er head, as careless time rings the final bell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant! A.