Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017



Without Hope

Without hope, there is only despair,
Without joy, no reason to care,
Without love, our hearts are thread bare,
Without God, nothing's really there.

A great solitude is looming, silence is coming,
Deep in my eternal soul I lament that cowering cur,
Shut up in that moment when birds no longer sing,
Precious seconds lost, when living life is no longer sure.

No  more bird song, no birds flying of any kind,
Skies above that are no longer blue, no longer true,
Now we have come to this disastrous place where we find,
Mother Earth weeps for all that is lost, heaven is crying too.

Such great longing and sadness,
Stirring across God's vast universe,
Hoping for a glimmer of gladness,
Perhaps adorned with a loving verse.

Here I am, drowning in a perilous light,
Petrified with fear, peering blind into the uncaring night,
Stumbling on all my broken parts, life just isn't quite right,
Haunted by curious shadows that follow me, just out of sight.

There is no rescue as this maelstrom sweeps me further out to sea,
Jeopardy torments the wind as titanic waves crash over me,
Sea foam sprayed, an uncaged monster taunting that perplexing deep,
Splaying all my lost dreams across the frothing sea love could not keep.

Riddles whispered softly in my ear,
Secret words spoken from your heart,
Love's sweet garden, one holds so dear,
Tow'ring waves dashing heartfelt dreams apart.

Shrouded spectres, pouring life into timeless graves,
Harken! Listen well while morning dew silently drops,
Shadowed hands caress night away, wounded time thus surely braves,
While perfumed blossoms flutter spent and dead, withered love's bitter tops.

Swept away in this fumbling torrent,
Drowned by distant unfathomable love,
Tangled by this tainted curse, so abhorrent,
Nothing but the rain falling from high above.

Why love? So much ill timed heartache!
Beat me senseless, endure this rancid pain,
Your sweet lips and kisses, allow me, partake,
Lost in this tumultuous hurricane, so contemptuous, so vain!

Wash off the blood from this deep cut,
Smeared by lust in this bloody game,
Slam closed that door, lock it shut,
Awake, floundering, shipwrecked, aflame.

God's laughing, as memories come flooding home,
Remembrance, time and time again, an open wound,
Like some contrived novel, an Edwardian tome,
Yet as dark night sets, this burning love, once again I swooned.

Without love, sunny days are lost in despair,
Gather love, bring heartfelt home to snug and nestle,
Without love, I walk this lonely road, no one to care,
Gather love, sun will shine no matter how much we wrestle.

I am nothing more than a whisper in the wind,
This frail earthly shroud will in the end disappear,
In hope I loved, your loving heart, love shall ne'er rescind,
In love we hoped, loving hearts, yet lost love shall ne'er reappear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must produce an illustrated book - your poetry and photographic art are amazing.
Olwen's sister

JoeC said...

Cheers Lorna! Your kindness makes me feel like maybe I've written something more than just a simple poem. I am really moved by your generous support! Thanks so much!