Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2017



You stare at me,
I know you're woeful,
And so very wise,
Your two pouting lips,
Your sweet delicate guise,
Sadness yearning in your deep eyes.
You say, "Don't ever leave me!",
"Don't worry," I tell you,
"I'll never leave you",
"Not in a million years",
"I'll always be with you",
I say this honestly,
Void of all those drastic fears,
All in a reassuring tone.
"I'll always be with you",
Yet still you sigh and moan.
"You'll always find me",
"Always be able to see me",
I speak those words,
In a waning light,
As swooning day,
Turns to somber night.
"You'll see me when you wake",
"And when you sleep",
"In your thoughts and dreams",
"I'll be here beside you at all times",
"Where e'er you go",
"Hand in hand",
"With a cast of dancing moonbeams".
"I'll be there, with all my poems and rhymes".
"You'll find me in far off Africa",
"You'll find me in that North Pole view",
"You'll find me on an ice floe in the Northwest Passage",
"You'll find me at the South Pole too",
"And crossing the equator, that long drawn host",
"You'll find me wandering in vast Asia",
"And on that sentient European coast",
"You'll find me on brave continents",
"In each and every strange country".
"You'll find me standing at the top of vacant Everest",
"And pondering at the deepest part of the callous ocean",
"You'll find me on the stark moon and  emotional Venus",
"You'll find me on planet Mercury and warrior Mars",
"On ringed Saturn and beautiful Jupiter with all its wondrous elevations",
"You'll find me on transient Neptune and transitory Pluto",
"And far out in boisterous space",
"Evolving in all those mysterious revelations",
"You'll find me circling bold Sirius and pert Andromeda",
"And you'll find me in your bright living room",
"In your sheltered bedroom too",
"Snuggling close to your warm body",
"And you'll find me in your laundry room",
"On that bar of soap, washing away all your gloom".
"You'll find me in your car and in your fragrant garden",
"You'll find me in that book you're reading",
"You'll find me everywhere",
With humility, I beg your pardon.
"I'll never leave you",
"I'll always be right here by your side",
"At noon and at the stroke of midnight",
"You'll find me on your morning ride",
"You'll find me when you meditate",
"And in your cognitive mind",
"You'll find me harboured in your heart and soul",
"You'll always find me, midst all the grind",
"You'll see me when you turn around",
"When you look behind",
"Trust me, I'll always be gentle",
"I'll always try my best to be kind".
"I'll never leave you",
"I'll never be far away",
"You'll find me where e'er you look",
"You'll find me shining here everyday",
Like a prayer or ray of light,
Reflected on still water,
"You'll see me perched on snowflakes",
Flying with flocks of glorious birds,
Such a fabulous wondrous sight.
"You'll always find and see me",
"In all your waking hours",
"And in your hopes and dreams",
"In all those things that are truly good and right".
"You'll always see me, always hear my voice",
"Although I am nothing but a vague and distant memory",
"Of what is and what was",
Precious things that make you cry, like heartbreak does,
"A filament of some figment",
"Imagination, walking hand in hand with mine",
"And when all the mountains crumble",
Into the deep uncaring sea,
"I'll be there, in that perilous tumble",
"Where e'er you stumble and land",
"Caressing your beautiful face",
"Kissing your pouting lips",
"Holding your cautious hand",
"While I look into your blessed shining eyes",
"And when the tired sun decides not to shine",
"And the Universe sings its final hymn",
"I'll be there with you",
"Wanting to speak, lyrics 'tween my two lips",
"Say those words, I love you".
Waiting to take you in my outstretched arms,
Bear you all the way to infinity,
Carry you to heaven and eternity,
Where Alpha meets Omega,
Where God will speak some final word,
And that last spark of sacred right remarks,
"How beautiful you were!",
"Existing side by side",
"Like two dazzling singing larks",
Where every splendid poem,
And marvelous song lasted long,
Tasted so wonderful in all that blessed goodness,
Regarding each other with our perfect attitude,
Ultimately immersed in our ocean of love and happiness,
Together sharing smiling rapturous plenitude,
With joy fusing our lonely hearts,
Just as I promised,
We'll never be apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem made me weep but it is absolutely magnificent! A.

JoeC said...

Dear Anonymous, Thank you again. So often when I write, compose my poetry, I go to a place, in my mind and in my heart, where passion and compassion fuse. This is one of those poems.