Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 4, 2017



On The Bus

When that big yellow coach turned the sharp corner,
Transiting I acutely returned to the obtuse former,
Rumbling that intrepid bus rolled up to the intersection of Joyous and Hoped,
Looking at my wrist I watched mindfully wondering what choices approached,
Turning right that noisy transport negotiated a corner continuing its grumbling way,
Crowding ethereal thoughts I wondered if this time I should go or stray,
Nearing Cook and Baker the angle seemed as if an oven had been raised to toasting,
Grilled to maximum my boiling point whistled accused a steaming self of parboasting,
Roasting on my seat I felt myself floundering again sinking into another deep aquarium,
Sharks wrestled amongst teeming buckets of leaking chum redecorating my sanitarium,
Connecting to another universe my feet paddled uncontrollably through that murky water,
Grazing a blooming sun pop art zoomed excitedly past flaming desserts that wailed "Hotter!",
Triumphant horns blared as that big growling vehicle reasoned turning sharply from Season onto Exception,
Traveling rapidly stars fell into some nervous plight just missing delight passing a rising reception,
Central station plowed more plaza weary passengers onto platform 'Be' across from never awake,
Past a green through a yellow over a faint rainbow I envisioned a responsive lapping lake,
Stopping at a red light formulating a new and placid path down a mythical new road,
Avenues of transient ideas my ticking thoughts rambled blind reciting another material code,
Stout roots grew firmly from the bottoms of my feet into center my serrated leaves fluttering as I shivered,
Sheaves of blue grass bunched round my rotund trunk as my thin bark wept and my skinny branches quivered,
Queer birds nested laying eggs and ova sparkling stars woven intricately into a new thicket of sheer space,
Truth guessed at what lay next while opportunity and turning wheels thundered and raced,
Beneath every spring and bolt under fenders of bumpers searching for signs what read 'Next',
Bequeathing revolutionary anarchy before a surrealistic earth quaked speaking a simple text,
"Find courage!", squashing words into a back of the bus corner squished redressing a basic cringe,
Teetering on madness I imagined loneliness attempting to paint exits with a critiquing tinge,
Seeing a bundled woman falling asleep ahead of me dreaming of galaxies above and below,
Aunty Social squirmed restlessly as nuance and screams shouted at a loud transmuted foe,
Nebulae twisted conforming to every relative curve and groove along that harrowed street,
Narrowly missing scores of curbside passengers touching silent lips to tired moaning feet,
Twisting around wicked curves and vagrant corners that reckless bus harangued every crack,
Speeding now we all hung on a maniacal red faced driver racing down a crazed and narrow track,
Realizing another verse was prizing I traced forward rendering a transfer to another terminable time,
Exhibiting caution our coachman griped both hands on the steel wheel while I crossed a tenacious line,
Fare rhymes came to mind while worn brakes screeched with contentious issues and slim facts,
Stopping at Shore and Beach picking another rift of passing tides rising and falling in wavering acts,

Transposition firmly in hand I rose reaching towards heaven so I might leave reticent ringing a prescient bell,
Front foot stepping rightly thinking I left departing there and flying free across a crescent dell,
Lights turning yellow as a timeless clock struck midnight while the yielding quarter moon sank into a frothing sea,
Waking on the edge of an abyss I witnessed passion drowning in a bottomless ocean where all deep dreams must surely be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this delightful poem! A.

JoeC said...

Dear Anonymous,Thank you!